Placing an Order
1. Can I have the telephone number of a restaurant before placing an order?
We are an internet company and we are only allowed to give you the restaurant’s number after you have placed the order. In fact, you will get it via email together with the order confirmation. Brilliant, isn't it?
2. I don’t trust the internet and I’d rather place the order over the phone with you, can I?
The best way to place an order is to do it our website directly. Don't be scared, our website is secure and uses the latest technology to encrypt your information. Furthermore we do not store your card details, they are only used to authorize the payment. Our team also verifies any suspect transactions for your security, so if someone has stolen your card and is trying to place an order through Just-Eat we’ll bust them and report them to the Guards as well! Some users are afraid that by ordering through an internet website the order will be lost. We have a customer care department that makes sure every order goes out to the restaurant correctly so, no fear, we’ll take good care of your internet order!
3. I want to pay by credit/debit card but I prefer to give you the details over the phone, can I?
It is much better and faster to simply use your card details on the website, Just-Eat uses the latest technology for encrypting data, it is completely safe and it is just like paying in a shop. Furthermore it is not possible to complete an order without choosing a payment method. If you really don’t feel safe paying by card you can always choose the “Cash on Delivery” method, which means you will pay by cash to the nice delivery man.
4. How do I place an order? It is very easy! Just follow the instructions here below:
1. Input your town / city name (i.e. “Dublin 2”, "Galway", "Naas" etc) in the main search box on the homepage.
2. Click the “Search” button.
3. You’ll be redirected to a page showing all the restaurants that deliver to your area. Choose the restaurant you want to order from and select:
- a. Delivery: if you want the food delivered to you.
- b. Collection: if you simply want to go and collect the food from the restaurant.
4. You will be redirected to the menu page:
- a. Select the items you want to purchase by clicking the “+” button
- b. If you want to purchase more than “1” item you can input the amount in the number box
- c. You will see that all the items you select appear on the cart on the right side of the menu
- d. When you are done with your choice, click “Proceed” on the cart
- e. You will be redirected to the log-in page (unless you are logged in already) where you can either log-in or input your name & address details and become a member of Just-Eat. This is required to place the order, it takes 1 minute and it’s free!
- f. The next page is the payment section, here you can choose to pay by card (VISA, VISA DEBIT, 3V PRE-PAY VISA, MASTERCARD & LASER) or by Cash (Cash on Delivery). Click proceed after choosing the method you want to use from the drop-down menu.
- g. The next page will connect you directly with the restaurant through our Just-Connect technology. Here you will get an answer from the restaurant within 90 seconds.
1. Why isn't JUST EAT able to guarantee my meal is suitable for my allergies?
We wish we could, but the takeaways themselves are responsible for cooking your order.
That means that if you want to make sure their food won’t affect your allergies, they’re the best people to get in touch with.
2. Why should I have to contact the takeaway if I have an allergy? Why can’t JUST EAT check?
It's because we’re not prepared to put your health at risk. The only person who can tell you exactly what’s going into your food is the chef holding the pan. Even if we confirmed a takeaway menu was safe for people with allergies, they could always change their ingredients at a later date. Then we’d be risking giving you out-of-date information. We can’t take that risk with your health.
3. How does JUST EAT make sure the allergy information on JUST EAT is correct?
When a takeaway signs up to JUST EAT, they have to provide us with up-to-date menu information. We then include this on their JUST EAT page. If something isn't clear, we double-check the information with the takeaway before it’s published on JUST EAT.
4. How do I get in touch with a takeaway?
Contact us using Live Chat
or any of the other methods found here
. Please state clearly to your JUST EAT customer care agent that your query is related to allergen information.
5. Aren't food businesses required by law to provide information about certain allergens?
Definitely, but this law applies to the takeaways themselves – the takeaways are independent businesses from JUST EAT. Takeaways usually give customers access to this information by making it clear you can obtain allergy information by contacting a member of staff. But remember – we’re always happy to do whatever you need to put you in touch with a takeaway to discuss allergy information.
6. Does JUST EAT do anything to help takeaways comply with the law?
We are working closely with the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) and other industry authorities, to help raise awareness among takeaways about their obligations and how they can provide the best service to customers with allergies.
7. I have some more questions about allergies – what can I do?
We're happy to answer any other questions you might have. Just drop us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org