Last night we hosted the fourth annual Just Eat National Takeaway Awards to recognise and reward the leaders from the takeaway restaurant sector.
Representatives from dozens of shortlisted restaurants gathered to celebrate the best takeaway restaurants and dishes from all across the country. There were 20 categories this year with customers able to vote for their favourite take away restaurant in Ireland as well as their favourite takeaway dish. The awards are the only ones in Ireland that recognise and celebrate the quality of food, choice and service consistently delivered by this important sector of the food services industry.
From left to right: Peter Fortune Eddie Rockets -winner Best Takeaway American; Amanda Roche-Kelly Managing Director of Just Eat Ireland; Stephen O’Brien Firehouse Pizza – winner Best Takeaway Pizza; and Mei Vuong Zakura – winner of Best Takeaway Japanese.
The Just Eat National Takeaway Awards took place in Number 22, South Anne Street in Dublin 2, with comedian Colm O’Regan and radio host Louise Duffy presenting the awards to winners in each of the 20 categories.
Congratulations to all the winners! Check them out below:
- Best Takeaway Chinese – Lin Kee, Swords, Co. Dublin
- Best Takeaway Indian – Bombay Pantry, Fairview, Dublin 3
- Best Takeaway Thai – Camile Thai, Phibsborough, Dublin 7
- Best Takeaway Chipper – Friar’s Rest, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Best Takeaway Mexican – Boojum, Dublin 8
- Best Takeaway Japanese – Zakura, Wexford Street, Dublin 2
- Best Takeaway American – Eddie Rocket’s, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
- Best Takeaway Healthy – Chopped, Clontarf, Dublin 3
- Best Takeaway Lunchtime – Burrito Loco, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Best Takeaway Pizza – Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun, Dublin 11
- Ireland’s Best Curry – Ajanta Indian Takeaway, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- Ireland’s Best Spice Bag – Lin Kee, Swords, Co. Dublin
- Ireland’s Best Salad – Sprout & Co. Dawson Street, Dublin 2
- Best Takeaway Dublin – Camile Thai, PHibsborough, Dublin 7
- Best Takeaway Leinster – Gino’s Diner, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Best Takeaway Munster – Ramen, Sunday’s Well, Cork
- Best Takeaway Connaught – Danolla’s Fish & Chips, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- Best Takeaway Ulster – Burrito Loco, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Best Takeaway Ireland – Burrito Loco, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Ireland’s Favourite Dish – Thai Green Curry